Dental Partners says it has acquired 15 dental practices in the past three months taking the total owned by the group to 56.
The August Equity-owned business is concentrating on high-quality NHS/private mixed and private practices including Ravat & Ray Dental Care, a well-known group based in the Northwest of England with nine NHS and private mixed practices, Dental Partners’ largest purchase so far.
Dental Partners says all the purchases conform to its strict acquisition criteria and add to existing clusters in the Northwest, South Yorkshire, East Midlands and the South.
Other acquisitions are:
• Dental Sense, with two practices in Chobham and Worcester Park, Surrey; both have a high proportion of private income in addition to NHS contracts
• Mews Dental Clinic in Godalming, Surrey; a largely private practice
• Crystal Peaks Dental Practice in Sheffield; a four-surgery NHS/private mixed practice
• Marjory Lees Dental Centre in Oldham; a six-surgery NHS/private mixed
• McDaid Dental Care in Nottingham; a four surgery-NHS/private mixed practice.
Neil Lloyd, chief executive of Dental Partners, said the latest acquisition represent a milestone in the company’s growth.
“This is a real milestone for us to have grown to over 50 practices,” Lloyd said. “We are delighted to welcome the latest group of practices into our network and thank the vendors for trusting us with their legacy. We continue our successful growth strategy of controlled practice acquisitions and organic revenue growth, primarily through increasing private treatment income.”
Dental Partners says it has agreements with a number of vendors and expects to welcome a further eight practices to its network during this month and next.